What are the minimum requirements to be invited into NHS?
- must be entering 10th, 11th,or 12th grade
- must have a 3.3 unweighted GPA at the beginning of the school year
- must demonstrate leadership and service experience
- must not have any referrals or recorded instances of academic dishonesty
- must have spent a full year at GHS
How do I become a member?
1) If you are a 10th, 11th, or 12th grader with a 3.3 or higher GPA, you will receive an NHS application in September.
2) Fill out this application form in detailed paragraphs, explaining your leadership and service experience. Return the form to Ms. Tepperman by the time specified.
3) A faculty committee will review all applications. If you are selected, you will receive a formal invitation to join NHS.
4) Attend the new members meeting (TBA) and the official Induction Ceremony in November.
How do I keep in good standing with NHS?
- You will have NHS service/donation obligations EVERY SEMESTER. You are responsible for knowing these requirements and arranging your schedule to fulfill your required service activities. Ignorance of service requirements and/or failure to complete service requirements will result in removal from the club.
- Join the Facebook page to receive regular updates: GHS Hurricanes National Honor Society.
- Attend all meetings to find out service requirements. Sign up for projects right away!
- Listen to the afternoon announcements for updates on activities and service events.
- Check back here for updates!