(Please report broken links to Mrs. Antony in the Media Center)
Some useful links for research projects are offered here to get you started.
District Resources (Includes World Book online, Infotrac, Tumblebooks - all available from home and school - scroll down for passwords for home access!)
High School Resources on the web
The Research Process
WHY do you need to use a database?
How do you evaluate a website?
General Research Guidelines
Tutorials on plagiarism
- Pics4Learning- Very popular site to find free, safe-to-use images for teachers and students.
- School Clip Art- Great site for free school clip art.
- Veezzle- Wonderful free stock photo search engine.
- Free Photo Bank- Easy way to find creative common images.
- Open clipart Great way to find free clip art.
- Find icons Nice site for free icons.
- http://compfight.com/ - use nav bar to filter by CC
- Wellcome Collection
- http://pics.tech4learning.com/ - good for pets
- The Week in Rap
- Great websites for kids
- Lesson plans for teachers
- Make a big poster out of a picture
Sites to create digital comics
- Zamzar(Free file converter service)
- HTML to PDF(web pages to PDF converter)
- TinyURL(Shorten your long URLs)
- Tagxedo(tags, try!)
- Flip text tool Try it out... it's kool
- Type upside down
- Voice thread(collaboration & recording online)
- Vocaroo(record your voice)
- Digital Tools(make your own movie online)
- Primary Access(primary documents online)
- Timeline generator(generates timeline)
- Digital timeline
- Free tutorials: computers, reading and mathincludes instructional videos
- PDF to Word:Converts PDF document to Word and emails you a copy.
- Youtube converter(convert and email to yourself to open at school)
- Project-based learning resources
Visit colleges, including UF, from your desktop. Learn about college academics, student life and athletics, undergraduate enrollment, tuition, and more without leaving home.