In the event of school closure, due to weather, sickness, hurricane or other emergency, Alachua County Public School District is prepared with an Instructional Continuity Plan (ICP). The ICP will help ensure students have access to high‐quality learning opportunities at home. This plan is intended to reduce the disruption for our students by providing alternative print and online assignments to extend learning during a school closure.
The ICP is a fluid plan, which will be adapted in response to the needs of our students and community. Communication, as outlined within the plan, is also a key component for effective implementation. Please return to this page for additional updates.
Supplemental resources are available to Parents and Students at any time. District created instructional bridge learning plans will begin March 30, 2020.
Alachua County Public Schools Instructional Continuity Plan can be accessed by clicking the cover image above or navigating to: http://bit.ly/acps_instructionalcontinuity
myPortal Single Sign-On
Parents and students can access digital instruction and instructional materials via myPortal, the Alachua County Single Sign-On Portal for educational resources. With district provided login credentials, all teachers and students can connect to a secure, single access point for instructionally relevant, digital applications used specifically in our district’s K-12 classrooms.
- myPortal Elementary Student Online Resources
- myPortal Middle School Student Online Resources
- myPortal High School Student Online Resources
myPortal Resources by Core Content Area
Active Directory (AD) Credentials
A user’s Active Directory username and password controls access to computer logins, Single Sign-On Portal, Gmail, ACIIS, Skyward, online textbooks. If you need help with student accounts, please refer to the following documents:
School based support for retrieving student credentials will be available starting March 30, 2020.
Learning at Home Resources
Below are documents explaining the resources within myPortal and icons used to identify core instructional materials and supplemental programs parents may find useful.
Internet Access Information
Setting Up Skyward Family Access
If you do not yet have Family Access set up, you can email your child's school OR email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your student's full name
- Your student's date of birth
- Your student's grade level
- Your student's school name
- A picture of your picture ID (for identification purposes)
Once this information is received, we will use the information received to initiate an email to the parent on the existing student record to create the Family Access Account. Once that is created, the parent will receive an email with further directions on how to set-up and access the account.
This process is how all access will be given during the school closures. Once school is back in session, we will return to the procedures that do require a parent to go to the school with ID verification for all access set-up.
Teacher Guidance Checklist
- Ensure you are encouraging students and families to access myPortal resources, Skyward Family Access, and Student Gmail using their Active Directory (AD) credentials.
- Review step‐by‐step documents, videos, virtual support to help all our teachers become familiar with using and uploading assignments and instruction on Google Classroom and other approved platforms.
- Review Instructional Continuity Plan and prepare for administrative guidance on restarting instruction.
Instructional Bridge PDF Resources
- Elementary School: Kindergarten | First Grade | Second Grade | Third Grade | Fourth Grade | Fifth Grade
- Middle School: Sixth Grade | Seventh Grade | Eighth Grade
(Week 1 - More Resources Coming Soon)
- High School: Ninth Grade | Tenth Grade | Eleventh Grade | Twelfth Grade
(Week 1 - More Resources Coming Soon)
- Modified Curriculum - Pre-K | K-2 Access Point | 3-5 Access Points | 6-8 Access Point | 9-12 Access Point | Transition Access Points
Recommended Platforms and Training for Digital Instruction
- Google Classroom - Digital Classroom Space/ Learning Management System
- Google Meet - Virtual Class Meetings/ Video Conferencing
- Google Hangout Calls - Parent Phone Contact
- Skyward Messaging - Parent/Student Email Contact
Virtual Coaching Support
- Google Classroom
K-5 - Monday, March 30 @ 11- 12:00pm
6-12- Monday, March 30 @ 3-4:00pm
- Google Meet, Hangout, Calls
- K-12 - Monday, March 30 @ 1:30- 2:30pm
Staff can also self enroll in courses through Custom Guide, to recieve on demand training on GSuite applications as well as the Microsoft suite.
Register by following this link and entering your district Email account: https://www.customguide.com/portal/acps