Return to Headlines

Magnet Program Applications

 

The window for local families to apply for their child to attend one of the district’s academic or career-tech magnet programs during the 2021-22 school year will open at noon on Monday, March 8 and will close at 4 p.m. on Monday, April 5. The timeline for notifying families about acceptance into a program is still to be determined.

The district will be using an online process that will allow families to apply for more than one program with a single application.

As is the case for the current school year, 75% of the new students in each magnet program will be selected by the school. The other 25% will be chosen through a districtwide lottery. Students must meet certain academic, attendance and disciplinary criteria to be eligible for each magnet and must also meet program standards to remain enrolled. However, standardized test score requirements will be waived for all programs since those tests were cancelled in 2020 due to COVID-19.

The application, magnet program requirements and other information are all available on the district’s website at www.sbac.edu/magnet. Hard copies of the application will also be available at each school.

For specific questions about a particular magnet program, please contact the school directly.  For all other questions, email alachuamagnets@gm.sbac.edu or call (352) 955-7629.