About Middle School
Alachua eSchool Middle School offers equitable access to high quality education to 6th through 8th grade students in Alachua County Public Schools. This virtual environment provides flexibility of time and location, and promotes development of the skills, the attitudes, and the self-discipline necessary to be a successful student. Alachua eSchool offers students part-time and full-time enrollment.
Alachua eSchool includes a variety of assessment techniques that address the various learning styles and intelligence types. Online learning through Alachua eSchool enables students to assume an increasing responsibility in their own learning.
All courses offered are taught by highly qualified Alachua County Public School teachers. Students and parents are encouraged to connect with their teachers regularly with questions/comments about their learning and progress.
Students should meet all of the Alachua County criteria as specified in the Alachua County Public School Student Progression Plan.
Promotion from middle school to high school requires that all students successfully complete the following courses:
• (3) middle school or higher courses in English/Language Arts
• (3) middle school or higher courses in Mathematics
• (3) middle school or higher courses in Social Studies
• (3) middle school or higher courses in Science
In addition, students need to:
- Achieve at or above grade level in reading and mathematics, based on standardized test scores
- Earn a 2.0 GPA