*Enrollment for Alachua eSchool is currently closed*
About the Alachua eSchool Instruction Program
Alachua eSchool Instruction Program offers equitable access to high quality, individualized education, through the internet and other learning technologies to 6th through 12th grade students in Alachua County. This virtual environment provides flexibility of time and location, and promotes development of the skills, the attitudes, and the self-discipline necessary to achieve success in the 21st century. Alachua eSchool offers students part-time and full-time enrollment with the opportunity to earn a standard high school diploma entirely online.
AES includes a variety of assessment techniques that address the various learning styles and intelligence types. Online learning through the AES enables students to assume an increasing responsibility in their own learning.
All courses offered are taught by highly qualified Alachua County teachers that are capable of scheduling face-to-face meetings if needed. Students and parents are encouraged to meet with their teachers periodically or when they encounter a learning challenge that can be solved in a face-to-face instructional environment.
Alachua eSchool Full Time Student Enrollment Criteria
Alachua eSchool is a school of choice and offers a full-time program for students in grades 6th-12th. Full-time AES are registered as public school students, take part in FSA and other district testing, and have the opportunity to earn an Alachua County diploma. In order to be a successful full-time student with AES students should:
- Have been successfully promoted to the next grade level at the end of the previous school year. For mid-year entrance, students must have demonstrated success in first semester courses (grades of C or better) and have recommendation from their previous school guidance and or administration.
- Attain one of the following minimum scores on previous year standardized tests:
- FSA Reading Level 3 or higher
- Stanford Achievement Test Reading Score at 50th percentile or above
- Iowa Test of Basic Skills Reading Score at 50th percentile or above
- Grade level proficiency on an official standardized test administered by another state public system.
Accepted students must meet all of the Alachua County criteria as specified in the Alachua County Pupil Progression Plan. Such criteria include meeting minimum FSA scores, course requirements, immunization, Code of Conduct acknowledgement, etc.