Frequently Asked Questions
What do you look for when selecting future magnet students?
- A CGTS student shows a need for a challenging curriculum
- Shows that he/she is highly motivated and has an inquisitive nature
Once a student is accepted, do I need to reapply for the following school years?
- No, once a student is accepted into the program they are automatically rolled over to the next grade level.
Do you offer after school programs?
- Yes, our school has an EDEP program that meets daily until 5:30 PM.
For further information about the EDEP program, please contact John Hancock, our EDEP coordinator, at (352) 495-2111.
- We also offer a number of teacher-sponsored after school clubs such as math club, art club, robotics, and other science-related activities.
Will transportation be provided?
- School buses are assigned to transport students to and from magnet and CTE Programs. However, due to the current bus driver shortage, the district, unfortunately, cannot guarantee that a bus will be available or on time each morning and each afternoon on every route. We ask that you consider this information as you complete a magnet program application.