Library Media Center
Welcome to our Media Center at Wiles!
My name is Kathy Jennings and I am the Educational Media Specialist at Kimball Wiles. When you visit the Media Center you may see me, or our amazing Media Assistant, Lee Givens.
We hope to see you soon!
Monday, Tuesday, Thrusday - 7:20am to 2:15pm
Wednesday - 7:20am to 12:50pm
Friday - 7:20am to 2:00pm
Policies and Procedures
Checking out books from our school’s library is a privilege and a vital part of the learning process. Policies help ensure our students are responsible stewards of our wide collection of books so that all students will continue to have access to these valuable resources.
Book Checkout Policy:
- Checkout is for one week and books may be renewed twice
- Kindergarten students may check out 1 book
- Students in Grade 1-5 may check out 2 books
- If a book is damaged, please bring the book and we will determine if it can be repaired, or the fee for replacing the book
- Fees will not be assessed for damage due to normal wear and tea
Overdue Book Policy:
- If a book is not returned or renewed after one week, an overdue notice will be issued to the student through the classroom teacher
- The student will not be allowed to borrow any more books until all overdue books are returned
- When several overdue notices have been issued, we will presume the book is lost
Options for Lost Books:
- Find the item
- Pay the replacement fee
- Purchase a replacement copy of the book for the library
Replacement fees can be found on the overdue notice and can be paid by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to Wiles Elementary. The payment is refundable if a lost book is found and returned during the current school year.