BRT (Behavioral Resource Teacher)
Mr. Strack is Chiles' BRT (Behavior Resource Teacher). His primary responsibility is to provide support to students and teachers. Our ultimate goal at Meadowbrook is to create a positive and safe learning environment so that each student can reach his/her maximum potential.
What does a Behavior Resource Teacher do?
works to improve school-wide behavior to maximize instructional time
- supports teachers through behavior intervention and positive discipline strategies
- provides tools for students to learn pro-social behaviors such as empathy, impulse control, and anger management
- teaches students to be responsible for their own behavior
- provides supervision for students before and after school, in the hallways, and in the lunchroom
How can you help your child?
practice consistent routines and establish clear rules at home which will carry over to school (i.e. waiting your turn, listening while others speak, etc.)
- teach age appropriate independence and responsibility