Behavior Resource Teacher (BRT)
What does a Behavior Resource Teacher do?
* works to improve school-wide behavior to maximize instructional time
* supports teachers through behavior intervention and positive discipline strategies
* provides tools for students to learn pro-social behaviors such as empathy,impulse control and anger management
* teaches students to be responsible for their own behavior
* provides supervision for students before and after school, in the hallways, and in the lunchroom
How can you help your child?
* practice consistent routines and establish clear rules at home which will carry over to school (i.e. waiting yourturn, listening while others speak, etc.)
* teach age appropriate independence and responsibility
* encourage the use of "I Care" language when interacting with others
Click HERE for the ACPS Code of Student Conduct.