About The STEM Magnet
The STEM Magnet Program at Stephen Foster offers a comprehensive hands-on curriculum that integrates Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math in a real-world context. Students apply the engineering design process to STEM challenges that are integrated into the mathematics and science curriculum emphasizing problem solving, data analysis, and higher order thinking.
Highlights/Expectations of the Program
- STEM Lab with full-time STEM teacher
- Instructional technology including interactive white board, document cameras, desktop computers for student use, etc.
- Laptops for student use
- Above-level placement in core academics as needed to meet individual needs
- Cooperative and project-based learning opportunities with academically motivated students
- Transporation provided by the district
- Fieldtrips tied to the curriculum which may include Physics Day at Busch Gardens, Sea World, St. Augustine Beach, the Jacksonville Zoo, and others
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades
Magnet Virtual Open House Schedule
January 27, 2021
6:00 - 6:10: Welcome to Stephen Foster Elementary
Introductions and Opening by Principal, Mrs. Wakeley
6:10 - 6:25: Magnet program overview presentation by
Mrs. McNickle-Magnet Coordinator
6:25 - 6:45: District Magnet Presentation by Mrs. Neal
6:45 - 6:55: Frequently Asked Questions
6:55 - 7:00: Closing Remarks from Mrs. Wakeley
ZOOM Link for Virtual Open House will be added to this page on 1/27/2021 by 3:00 p.m.
2020/2021 STEM MAGNET Teachers
STEM Lab Teacher