We are committed to providing the following to all students:
- Instruction in the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Kids
- A rigorous curriculum focused on Twenty-first Century Skills
- Frequent parent conferences which focus on academic achievement and student progress
- Frequent monitoring and assessment of core academic areas
- Art, Music, PE, Computer Lab, and Media Center rotation
- All students are individually assessed to ensure core academics areas are taught at their instructional level
- Students who are assessed above grade level are allowed to advance
- Students assessed below grade level receive additional support
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) initiatives
Stephen Foster Elementary School teachers are committed to the success of every student. We take pride in tailoring our program to meet the needs of all learners. English/Language Arts, Math and Science are taught by highly-qualified teachers at all grade levels. Teachers work closely together to develop the best lessons to engage students. In addition to the district adopted curriculum, we offer project-based learning opportunities. Students in grades 3-5 who are in need of additional challenges are invited to apply for our district MAGNET PROGRAM. Additionally, student's who need more support to master standards are included in our research-based intervention program.
All students have access to digital textbooks and online support programs via Edutone found on the Just for Students webpage. Please contact your child's teacher for Active Directory login information.
District adopted text
Supplemental novels and informational texts
Supplemental resources including Flocabulary, iStation, Learning A-Z, Khan Academy, etc
District adopted text
Supplemental resources including iXL STEM challenges
Supplemented with STEM challenges
McGraw Florida Social Studies
*Science and social studies lessons will include ELA and math standards as appropriate.
Art, music, PE, technology and media are an integral part of our school curriculum. We believe that all students need as many opportunities to explore their creative and athletic sides so all children will participate in these activities weekly.
Big DEAL Time
The Leader in Me
"What I Need" individualized differentiated instruction for enrichment and remediation
Please contact Kim Ball, Assistant Principal at (352)955-6706 if you have questions concerning curriculum.