About The STEM Magnet
The STEM Magnet Program at Stephen Foster offers a comprehensive hands-on curriculum that integrates Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math in a real-world context. Students apply the engineering design process to STEM challenges that are integrated into the mathematics and science curriculum emphasizing problem solving, data analysis, and higher order thinking.
Highlights/Expectations of the Program
- STEM Lab with full-time STEM teacher
- Instructional technology including interactive white board, document cameras, desktop computers for student use, etc.
- Laptops for student use
- Above-level placement in core academics as needed to meet individual needs
- Cooperative and project-based learning opportunities with academically motivated students
- Transporation provided by the district
- Fieldtrips tied to the curriculum which may include Physics Day at Busch Gardens, Sea World, St. Augustine Beach, the Jacksonville Zoo, and others
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades
STEM Lab Teacher