Library Media Center
Welcome to the Stephen Foster Library Media Center.
Media Center Hours
Monday - Friday
Hours: 7:15 a.m.-2:00p.m.
Foster Media Center Mission Statement
The Foster Media Center provides a variety of resources that present or aid in the presentation of information relating to the educational and developmental needs of the diverse population being served. Resources are organized and easily accessible. Every effort is made to promote reading and a desire for knowledge. Space is provided for members of the population to share and acquire information.
Policies and Procedures
All Stephen Foster Students have access to our Media Center.
Circulation Policies and Procedures
Students are allowed to check out one book at a time for a period of up to two weeks. If the book is not returned in two weeks, it will be considered overdue. Their books are kept in the classrooms.
1st & 2nd Grade:
Students are allowed to check out one book at a time for a period of up to two weeks.If the book is not returned in two weeks , it will be considered overdue. Their books are kept in the classrooms until the second semester, when they will be allowed to bring them home and then return them.
3rd, 4th & 5th Grades :
Students will be allowed to check out two books at a time for a period of up to two weeks. If a book is not returned in two weeks , it will be considered overdue and the student will not be allowed to check out any more books until the overdue item is returned.
Lost or Damaged Items:
If a book is lost or damaged while being checked out by a student, they are responsible for paying for the replacement cost of the book. Overdue notices will be sent home monthly.
* Students with overdue books will not be permitted to check out additional books until the overdue book has been returned.
* If a book is more than two months overdue , it will be considered lost and a fee will be accessed.
* Lost Book Options
* Find the Book
* Pay the replacement fee
* Purchase a replacement copy of the book
We suggest keeping books in the students' backpack or desk when not reading them !
If a book is damaged, please bring in the book and we will determine if it can be repaired. If it cannot be repaired , a fee will be assessed to the students' account.
* The student will not be able to check out another book until the fee is paid or the book is replaced with a new book. ( Often, replacement books can be purchased on Amazon for a lesser fee)
* A fee will never be assessed for damage due to normal wear and tear.
Additional Book Policies & Procedures Information:
*Books may be renewed for two additional weeks if the student brings the book to the Media Center.
* Any student who has questions about an overdue book is encouraged to check with the Media staff right away.
* Books may be returned to the Media Center at any time. If you know that you are withdrawing from our school, please return all media books as soon as possible.
* We suggest that your child has a designated place at home for keeping track of media books. The ability to select and return media books is a lifelong skill, and your child's responsibility. We discourage students from taking their books outside and to lunch. We also ask students to be careful with liquids in their bookbags when carrying books to and from school. A large ziploc bag is recommended for storing media books to and from home.
We thank you for being responsible for returning books on time.
Mrs. Scoville & Mrs. Weeks