Promotion Requirements and Critical Issues
Promotion from middle school to high school requires that all students successfully complete the following academic courses:
• Three middle school or higher courses in English. These courses shall emphasize literature, composition, and technical text.
• Three middle school or higher courses in Mathematics.
• Three middle school or higher courses in social studies, one semester of which must include the study of state and federal government and civics education.
• Three middle school or higher courses in science.
• One course in career and education planning, to be completed in 7th or 8th grade. (may be incorporated into other designated courses)
In addition, students need to:
* Achieve at or above grade level in reading and mathematics, based on standardized test scores
*Earn a 2.0 GPA