In order to be considered for admission to the Criminal Justice Program, a student must:
- Submit a completed application online through ACPS;
- Submit a Teacher Recommendation Form
- Be self-motivated, with high interest in the criminal justice field;
- Possess exemplary self-discipline;
- Have good disciplinary and attendance records;
- Obtain parental consent and support;
- Live in the Alachua County School District or have applied for and received a zoning exemption to attend Newberry High School.
All applications will be reviewed. Selection is based on availability and upon successful completion of the application process. Upon acceptance into the Academy, transportation will be provided by Alachua County Public Schools.