Important AnnouncementsWe currently have openings in 6th and 8th grade for the 2023 - 2024 school year. The magnet application has reopened on the district webpage.If you have any questions about the magnet application process, please email email@example.com or call 352-955-7622. For Lyceum-specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magnet Application for the 2023-2024 School Year
Please complete the district magnet application available on the district website.
Decisions will be made as soon as possible.
District Parental Acknowledgement:
I understand that a student’s participation in a magnet program is a privilege. The authorization to remain in a program, once accepted, requires strict adherence to the Student Code of Conduct. Acceptance of a magnet program equates to a zoning exception for that program, even if the student is zoned to attend that school by address. The principal reserves the right to revoke a student’s participation in a magnet program and return the student to their zoned school (or in that school’s general program if the student is zoned to attend that school by their address) upon violations that meet the language in the Student Code of Conduct and/or the Board Policy 5120.04 that may result in revocation.Please review the following requirements for our magnet programs:
- Academics - Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Behavior - Maintain appropriate behavior as defined by the Alachua County Public Schools’ Code of Student Conduct.
- Attendance - Maintain appropriate attendance as defined by the Alachua County Public Schools’ Code of Student Conduct.
- Tardy Policy - Maintain on-time attendance. Five or more tardies per nine weeks is considered excessive.
- Parent Involvement - Parent involvement is encouraged through parent/teacher conferences, chaperoning field trips, volunteering at school, and various other activities.