We love our volunteers!
Find out ways you can volunteer at our school.
Chester Shell Elementary School needs volunteers to share their talents and time to help our students and our school! Being a registered volunteer doesn’t require any special skills; you just need the desire to help students succeed. Below are some ideas for volunteering.
- Assist in the classroom
- Classroom parties
- Homeroom Parent
- Donating items for classrooms
- Take home projects to assist teachers
- Field Trips
- General School Needs
- Resource Speaker - Share your expertise, talent, hobby or career with a class
- Special Events/Project - Jump Rope for Heart, field day, etc.
- Tutors - Work on an individual basis with a student or with small groups of students who need assistance in academic subjects to reinforce basic skills
- Cafeteria - Assist during lunchtime
- Grant Writing- Help write, and secure grants
- Office / Media Center/Administration
- Help with school-wide projects
Below are some ways you can help us raise money without extra spending:
1) Boxtops Products- Some food products have box tops (image below). Send the box tops to school. The school turns in the box tops and receives funds. There are also coupons on box tops website.
2) Office Depot - 5% Back To Schools Program - when you shop give Office Depot Shell's school ID# 70021555. Visit Office Depot's website at www.officedepot.com
Be a part of the future of our school by participating in the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) and/or SAC (School Advisory Council), Book fairs, Fall Festival, Fundraisers - Box Tops for Education, and many more!!
Partners in Education
You or your business can “adopt” our school to lend a hand with financial or manpower resources.
All volunteers must have a volunteer application on file. Applications must be filled out yearly.
School Volunteer Coordinators - Brooke Huguley
A special thank you to all Friends of Shell.