We Love Volunteers
W.W. Irby Elementary School needs volunteers to share their talents and time to help our students and our school! Being a registered volunteer doesn’t require any special skills; you just need the desire to help students succeed.
Assist In The Classroom
* Classroom Parties
* Homeroom Parent
* Donating items for classrooms
* Take home projects to assist teachers
* Field Trips
* Computer Lab
General School Needs
* Resource Speaker - Share your expertise, talent, hobby or career with a class
* Accelerated Reader - Help students take tests on books they have read
* Special Events/Project - Jump Rope for Heart, field day etc.
* Tutors - Work on an individual basis with a student or with small groups of students who need assistance in academic subjects to reinforce basic skills
* Cafeteria - Assist during lunchtime
* Grant Writing- Help secure grants and write them
Office / Media Center/Administration
* Help in the media center or with school wide projects
* Be a part of the future of our school by participating in the PTA (Parent Teacher
Association) and / or SAC (School Advisory Council)
* Book fairs
* Fall Festival
* Fundraisers - Box Tops for Education, Gift Wrap, and many more!!
* Bike Rodeo
* Teacher Appreciation Week
(A Chair Person and volunteers are needed for all PTA sponsored events)
Partners in Education
You or your business can “adopt” our school to lend a hand with financial or manpower resources.
All volunteers must fill out a new application yearly after July 15th. Please click HERE to fill out the volunteer form.