Community Partnership School
Howard Bishop Middle School is a Community Partnership School
What does that mean? It means that Bishop is not only a school that maintains the rigors required of all Alachua County Public Schools, but it also provides much-needed additional services and support for the neighborhood students and families it serves.
Here are just a few of the important services our Community Partnership School provides:
- Onsite counseling for students and family members
- A free after-school program with homework help and activities
- An accelerated academic program for students in need of credits
- Vouchers and referrals for vision and dental care
- Parent programs and trainings
- Access to family resource services
- Parent training in technology through E.P.I.T.
- Snacks, clothing and school supplies, as needed
A Community Partnership School does not run itself, and our Community Partners are vital to our success. Partners of the HBMS Community School include, but are not limited to:
- The Florida Department of Health in Alachua County
- Children’s Home Society of Florida
- Santa Fe College
- School Board of Alachua County (SBAC)
- University of Florida
For more information, please contact Latoya Lopez, the Director of the Community Partnership School, at Howard Bishop. Email: jenninlt
Note: school email addresses are followed by @gm.sbac.edu
Expanded Learning Program
As a Community Partnership School, Howard Bishop is proud to be able to offer a free Afterschool program with enrichment opportunities, sports and small-group activities. For more information, please contact Brooklynn Carney, the Expanded Learning Coordinator.
Phone: 352-955-6701, ext. 4231
All emails are followed by @gm.sbac.edu