I hope you all have been well and are having a nice summer. Senior parking is coming up! This year, there will be three dates: An Early Senior parking date – Tuesday Aug 3 from 12:00pm-3:00pm, New Senior parking date – Thursday Aug 5 during New Student Orientation, and a regular Senior parking date – Wednesday Aug 11 from 3:00pm-4:00pm. The spaces will be given on a first come first serve basis.
The schedule and instructions are as follows;
August 3: Senior Early Bird Day
- 10:00am Numbers will be given outside the fence by the bus port in front of the school (the overhang in the front parking lot near the gym). Seniors may only pick up one number at a time. If you are picking up for a friend, you will have to get back in line.
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm Numbers 1-50 come back for processing and to pick out your spot – come to room 4068
- 12:45pm – 1:30pm Numbers 51 – 100 come back
- 1:30pm – 2:15pm Numbers 101 – 150 come back
- 2:15pm – 3:00pm Numbers 151 and up come back
August 5: New Senior Day
Seniors new to BHS that attend the orientation will be able to purchase a parking decal during the orientation
August 11: Senior Day
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm Seniors come to 4068 to process and pick up decal – bring copies! After this day the paved/grass/church spaces available will be sold to interested Juniors.
August 12: Junior Day
- 3:00pm – 5:00 pm There will be a random drawing of the number of paved spaces available on Thursday Aug 12 at 3:00pm in the RT TA. After the paved spaces are awarded the remaining grass spots/church will be drawn until spaces run out. Juniors should come to 4068 to process and pick up decal. Junior wanting an opportunity to purchase available parking spaces (paved or grass) must fill out a card in the front office for a drawing. The cards are available from Tuesday Aug 10 till Thursday Aug 12 at 2:45. Please bring all necessary documents. Coaches and Band can give list of students to Mrs. Journey involved in practice. Participants on the list can turn in forms and $ during school and then pick up a decal, if their name is drawn, after practice.
Remaining decals will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Students may also put their name on a waiting list that will also operate on first come, first serve basis. Sophomores may purchase a decal upon their 16th birthday with a valid driver’s license.
The prices for spaces are as follows:
$100 for Paved ; $75 for Grass ; $50 for Dual Enrolled ; $75 for Church (but will NOT be sold until all on campus parking is sold)
*It is EXTREMELY important that you (or whoever is getting a space for you) has ALL NECESSARY PAPERWORK COMPLETED. DEBTS MUST also be CLEARED prior to arrival, or by returning textbooks and making payments on this day. If you do not have all of your paperwork or debts cleared, you will be turned away and will have to go to the back of the line.
IT CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH, CAREFULLY REVIEW THE LIST OF DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE WITH YOU ON THE DAY OF PARKING.
You will need:
- A PHOTOCOPY of your driver's license ***
- A PHOTOCOPY registration (can be on same paper)***
- Signed ‘Parking Responsibilities’ form
- Exact amount of cash or check written out to “Buchholz High School”
- White Card Information (we will provide the actual ‘White Card’ at school during parking for you to transfer information)
All of the forms are on this webpage in a PDF. Please PRINT and COMPLETE this PDF packet.
** If you have questions about debt, please call the school at (352) 955 - 6702. They will be able to tell you if you’re on the debt list and how to resolve it. If you know that you have returned all of your textbooks and paid for all the club/fair share dues, then you should not be on the debt list. All debts can be cleared the day of by returning books or paying for books/club dues/fair share. All checks need to be made payable to Buchholz High School. Debt payment MUST BE SEPARATE from parking payment!! (YOU WILL NEED SEPERATE CHECK/CASH FOR BOTH!!)
***We will be unable to make copies. You must bring copies with you. Many local businesses (including CVS, Publix, and Walgreens) sell copies for as little as $0.19.
Seniors will be able to paint their spot before school begins. The schedule is as follows:
Pre-planning week, August 4 – August 9 during & after school hours.
First week of school, August 10 – August 13 after school hours
Weekends, August 7 & 8, August 14 & 15 all day.
The school will NOT be providing any painting materials (paint, brushes, water buckets/water) or refreshments. You are allowed to bring family members or friends to assist you in painting. Although you can paint whatever you may like for your spot, if it is deemed inappropriate, it will be painted over by the school (no reference to alcohol, drugs, profanity, or sex). All designs must be preapproved.
Below are the size requirements for your design. Please DO NOT make it any larger than specified, your design must be a foot within the lines of the parking space and spot number. Please provide your own material as listed below.
- Design of Length: 12 ft x Width: 6ft (bring measuring tape)
- Exterior latex house paint
- Paint Brushes/Rollers, Paint Trays
- Painter’s Tape
- Sidewalk Chalk to sketch design
- Water buckets (WITH YOUR OWN WATER)
- Canopy for shade, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc. (optional, but recommended)
- Hand Sanitizer
Your Student Body officers
Mia Driaza (President)
Sophie Stricklin (Vice President)
Aditi Shukla (Treasurer)
Avery Bauer (Secretary)
Quigley Seals (Parliamentarian)