PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization)
Welcome to the Oak View Middle School Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO)
Oak View Middle School Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO)
The Oak View Middle School Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO) encompasses parents, family members, teachers, staff, and business partners. Our PTO strives to encourage Oak View and the community to work together for the benefit of all our students. We focus on raising funds to support Oak View events, activities, and academic/technology needs throughout the school year. Thanks to the generous support from our Oak View families and community members, the PTO routinely helps with projects such as: supporting PBIS, purchasing new technology for classrooms, providing mini grants to fund teacher projects, providing financial support for end-of-year field trips, purchasing items to improve our campus, and providing recognition of our outstanding teachers and staff during Teacher/Staff Appreciation events.
Questions? Contact us at OakViewPTOBoard@gmail.com!
This year’s PTO Officers and Leadership Team includes:
President: Dorothy Thomas
VP Programs: Angel Londrie
VP Membership: Lauren Price
Recording Secretary: Tiffany Castle
Corresponding Secretary: Dada McGlynn
Treasurer: Jill Shea
Volunteer Coordinator: (open)
Fundraiser/Business Liaison: Tia Bonnell
Spirit Nights: Tia Bonnell & Karen Thomas
Teacher Appreciation: Kelly Birkett & Jennifer Sager
Mini Grants: Jessica Baker
Principal: Kelly Armstrong
Assistant Principals: Matt Lynch & Casey Karas
Teacher Liaison: Danielle Whiddon
How to get involved? There are at least 3 ways!
- Join the PTO! Just complete a membership form. The suggested donation is just $5, and all dues and donations stay at Oak View!
- Volunteer! We welcome your help with board positions and volunteer opportunities at PTO events. Contact us: OakViewPTOBoard@gmail.com! We will find out what you are interested in and get you connected to the right committee!
- Participate in Fundraisers
- Walk-a-Thon (each spring)
- Birthday Sign - for $10, you can have “Happy Birthday” and your child’s name posted on the Oak View sign in front of the school (forms below)
- Make a membership donation or another donation (forms below)
Get to Know Your PTO
Summary of the Oak View PTO's vision, officers, and opportunities to get involved.
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a way for schools to encourage good behavior. As part of the program, students are rewarded points that they spend in the PBIS store.
You can help support this program with donations for the store. Students like the following:
School supplies (cool pens, mechanical pencils, erasers)
Snacks (individually wrapped such as skittles, ring pops)
Xbox gift cards, small hand sanitizer
Cash donations are accepted as well. If you would like to give to this program, contact Mr. Lynch at email@example.com. Thanks!