Oak View Library Media Center
Welcome and thank you for visiting the Media Center website. In our media center, we have over 15,000 books, 10 computers for Internet research, laptop carts for whole-class instruction/research, a printer for students' projects, a reading corner, and a Games/Brain Drain Puzzle/Drawing center. Reading opens windows to new worlds, so be sure and stop by to interact with our book collection!
- Research & Reference assistance
- Media skills workshops
- Technology assistance
- Promotional programs
- Teacher Production Lab
- Class set of laptop cart for use in the media center
- Students may check out two books for two weeks.
- A student with an overdue book may only check out one book until the overdue book is returned or renewed.
- A student with a lost or damaged book may only check out one book until the book has been replaced or paid for.
- Students who are unable to check out books can still borrow books from the library's non-cataloged collection of weeded titles or from teachers' classroom collections.
- Students must have passes/signed planners to come to the Library Media Center before/during school.
- Computers are available before and after school for class research and assignments.
- Students may use the Internet for assigned work only.
- Students may print in the media center lab, but only with prior permission.
- Students cannot come to the library during lunch unless given prior permission and a pass from Ms. Seiberling or Mr. Scott.
Hours of Operation
Library Open - starting at 7:45 AM every morning. May be subject to change without warning.
As morning Media Center time is used for reading, studying, research, and collaboration, students' volume and behavior should contribute to that goal. Computers must be used for academic purposes. Noisy and/or academically-unoccupied students in the morning will be relocated to a space more suited to their activities. Student capacity is limited and subject to change without warning.
Afternoons - closed at 3:30 Monday-Thursday, at 3:00 on Fridays.