Oak View Library Media Center
Welcome and thank you for visiting the Media Center website. In our media center, we have over 15,000 books, 30 computers for Internet research, laptop carts for whole-class instruction/research, a printer for students' projects, and comfortable chairs for reading. Reading opens windows to new worlds, so be sure and stop by to interact with our book collection!
- Research & Reference assistance
- Media skills workshops
- Technology assistance
- Promotional programs
- Teacher Production Lab
- A laptop cart for use in the media center
Hours of Operation:
The Media Center opens at 7:45 AM every morning. Students may visit throughout the day with a pass from their classroom teacher. The Media Center closes at 3:30 PM.
As morning Media Center time is used for reading, studying, research, and collaboration, students' volume and behavior should contribute to that goal. Computers must be used for academic purposes. The Media Center is a shared space, so it is essential that students are purposeful and considerate of others.
- Students may check out two books for two weeks.
- A student with an overdue book may only check out one book until the overdue book is returned or renewed.
- A student with a lost or damaged book may only check out one book until the book has been replaced or paid for.
- Students must have passes to come to the Library Media Center during school.
- Computers are available before and after school for class research and assignments.
- Students may print in the media center lab, but only with prior permission.
Sunshine State Young Readers Award Books:
Click through the slideshow to see our winners. The winners' bookmarks will be available in the Media Center.