Institute of Biotechnology
Welcome to the Institute of Biotechnology at Santa Fe High School.
SFHS is a model school for biotechnology education in the State of Florida and is offering academic and career and technical education credits.
- Biotechnology is the technological application of living organisms or their derivatives, such as DNA, proteins, or cells, to make or modify new products or processes.
- Biotechnology is "DIVERSE" in application; in research and industry such as: agriculture, pharmacology, bioinformatics, environmental and many more sciences.
- Biotechnology jobs are in demand!
- According to The National Employment Matrix the employment of biological scientists is projected to grow 9 percent over the 2006-2016 decade.
- The Institute of Biotechnology offers students opportunity to prepare for career paths, articulation into Santa Fe College, or entry into the University of Florida.
We would like to thank our advisory board comprised of:
Degrees and Certifications:
Project Management Ready Entrepreneurship & Small Business AEST Agricultural Biotechnology Biotechnician Assistant Certification Exam(BACE)
Mr. Tyler Wells
Tyler Wells is the Program Director for the Institute of Biotechnology @ Santa Fe High School. Mr. Wells has been a teacher in Alachua County for 7 years, calling Santa Fe High School home for 5 years. Throughout his early career, Mr. Wells has taught Biology, Environmental Science, AP Physics, Astronomy, and now Biotechnology. Mr. Wells received his Bachelors Degree in Biology from the University of Florida and currently holds 4 industry certifications.