Institute of Biotechnology
Welcome to the Institute of Biotechnology at Santa Fe High School.
SFHS is a model school for biotechnology education in the State of Florida and is offering academic and career and technical education credits.
- Biotechnology is the technological application of living organisms or their derivatives, such as DNA, proteins, or cells, to make or modify new products or processes.
- Biotechnology is "DIVERSE" in application; in research and industry such as: agriculture, pharmacology, bioinformatics, environmental and many more sciences.
- Biotechnology jobs are in demand!
- According to The National Employment Matrix the employment of biological scientists is projected to grow 9 percent over the 2006-2016 decade.
- The Institute of Biotechnology offers students opportunity to prepare for career paths, articulation into Santa Fe College, or entry into the University of Florida.
We would like to thank our advisory board comprised of:
Video of Biotechnology Technology Program at SF