Literacy Tips for Parents
1. Model good reading habits by reading with your child.
2. Encourage your child to read new and challenging book, articles, and magazines.
3. Establish a daily reading routine.
4. Encourage reading, writing, and discussions among family members.
5. Be positive when talking with your child about their reading ability and skills.
6. Play word games with your child.
7. Visit your local public library and help your child get a library card of their very own.
8. Create a "reading nook" in your home where your child can read.
9. Play rhyming games during a car trip.
10. Encourage your child to write a book about their day.
11. Help your child read the labels on different bottles and containers.
12. Play "I Spy" game, looking for uppercase and lowercase letters.