We Love Our Volunteers
Dear Westwood Families,
Westwood is a wonderful school with incredible students and an amazing staff. A huge part of what makes our school so wonderful is the strong home-school connection we have with our families. We welcome you to be active and involved in our school and in your child's education.
There are many ways you can help as a volunteer in our school. If you think you would like to volunteer at any time during the school year, please click on the link for the volunteer application and complete it as soon as possible. Alachua County Public Schools requires each volunteer to complete a new application every year. This year the district is going to an online application through Raptor Technologies, which is the program we currently use to check in visitors and volunteers to our schools. We will no longer accept paper volunteer applications. Please answer all legal questions completely and honestly to ensure that you will be eligible to volunteer. Our office staff and the School Volunteer Office in Gainesville are happy to help you if you need assistance. Additionally, as part of standard safety practices, all volunteers and visitors must provide a photo ID each time they visit an Alachua County Public School or facility.
Some possible volunteer opportunities are:Assisting with classroom celebrations and activities
- Chaperoning field trips
- Joining and helping the PTA
- Eating lunch with your child during Family Fun Picnics
- Participating in special events such as the Walk-a-Thon and Title 1 events
- Helping classroom teachers as needed
We appreciate your willingness to partner with us in ensuring that all students are provided a safe, secure, and nurturing school environment!
Westwood Faculty and Staff
The Raptor web address for the volunteer application is: bit.ly/ACPSapp
* Work individually with students on a variety of subjects including reading and math
* Answering phones, filing, greeting and checking visitors or students in and out of school and providing directions for visitors
* Help a teacher with paperwork or tutoring
* Help in the Media Center with shelving books and media related articles
* Open House
* 8th Grade Career Fair
* Science Fair
* Spelling Bee
* Vision/Scoliosis Screening
* 8th Grade Social
* Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
* Grade Level Field Trips
* Box Tops for Education
* Donate Baked Goods
For questions about volunteering please contact email@example.com
Please complete the volunteer application and bring it with you to the front office.