Become a Book Club member today! Check out one of the 15 new Sunshine State Young Readers Award winners, and sign up with Ms. Manduley! Read two SSYRA books, and you will be invited to vote for your favorite one in April.
The five books that will be highlighted with Book Club activities this year are listed below.
- Click'd by Tamara Ireland Stone
- A Crack in the Sea by H.M Bouwman
- Surrender the Key by DJ Machale
- The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya
- Eureka Key by Sarah Thomson
- Firefly Code by Megan Frazer Blakemore
- First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez
- Forest of Wonders by Linda Sue Park
- Frogkisser! by Garth Nix
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- Girl Who Could Not Dream by Sarah Beth Durst
- How Lunchbox Jones Saved me From Robots, Traitors, and Missy by Jennifer Brown
- Restart by Gordon Korman
- Short by Holly Goldberg Sloan
- The Van Gogh Deception by Deron Hicks
Mark your calendars for the Book Club meeting dates!
1. The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya: The Book Club's first meeting/activity will be on Tuesday, Oct. 30th in the media center during your scheduled lunch period. Join us for a book discussion and Cuban cultural fun!
2. Restart by Gordon Korman: The second meeting/activity will be on Tues., Dec. 4.
3. The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Perez: The Book Club's third meeting/activity will be onWed., Jan. 9.
4. The Eureka Key by Sarah Thompson: The fourth meeting/activity will be on Wed., Feb. 20.
5. Ghost by Jason Reynolds: The fifth meeting/activity will be on Tues., Mar. 26.