Florida’s K-12 assessment system measures students’ achievement of Florida’s education standards, which were developed and implemented to ensure that all students graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life.
Students in the following courses are subject to state assessment:
- English Language Arts: 3rd - 8th grade, English I, and English II
- Mathematics: 3rd - 8th grade, Algebra I, and Geometry
- Science: 5th grade Science, 8th grade Science, Biology
- Social Studies: Civics and US History
Students in the State of Florida have to take certain assessments in order to graduate. Each Cohort Year has a set of exams that are required. There are other exams that we give: PSAT, PLAN, PERT, FSA ELA Writing, ELA Assessment and AP/IB Exams.
Cohort Year ---2016-2017 (Sophomores) and Beyond
- Algebra EOC---399 passing score and 30% of the final grade
- Geometry EOC--30% of the final grade
- Biology EOC --30% of the final grade
- U.S. History--30% of final grade
- Algebra 2 FSA is course if taken---30% of the grade
- FSA Language Arts and Writing Assessments--Pass the 10th grade ELA
Check the Calendar on the front webpage for all testing dates throughout the year.