SAC (School Advisory Council)
The Eastside High School SAC serves as a resource and advisory council to the school principal. The primary purpose of the SAC is to provide input in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of the school’s SIP (School Improvement Plan), as required by state statute. The SAC is comprised of representatives from each of the various stakeholder groups within the learning/school community. Teachers, education support employees, students, parents and other business and community citizens meet together with the school principal where he receives and considers their advice as he makes decisions necessary for administrating and supervising the school.
The School Advisory Council shall:
- perform such functions as may be prescribed by the School Board;
- assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of the school improvement plan required by Florida Statutes;
- promote communication among students, staff, parents, administration, and the community;
- provide input on the school's annual budget and the use of school improvement funds;
- request waiver of School Board of Alachua County policies, Florida Statutes or State board of Education Rules which will allow the SAC plan to be implemented or school personnel to establish innovative educational practices and methods; and
- serve as a resource for the principal and perform such other functions as are requested by the Principal.
All SAC Meetings are held in the Eastside High School Media Center. All parents and interested members of the school community are invited to attend.
Career Service Representative