SAC (School Advisory Council)
The School Board establishes a School Advisory Council (SAC) to serve in an advisory capacity to the school principal and in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan.
The School Advisory Council shall:
- perform such functions as may be prescribed by the School Board;
- assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of the school improvement plan required by Florida Statutes;
- promote communication among students, staff, parents, administration, and the community;
- provide input on the school's annual budget and the use of school improvement funds;
- request waiver of School Board of Alachua County policies, Florida Statutes or State board of Education Rules which will allow the SAC plan to be implemented or school personnel to establish innovative educational practices and methods; and
- serve as a resource for the principal and perform such other functions as are requested by the Principal.