Mu Alpha Theta
Mu Alpha Theta is an organization, which allows middle, and high school leveled students to compete against each other from different regions. They compete across the nation on many different levels of mathematics. Participants compete as individuals and work on teams, in order to challenge themselves to their highest mathematical potential. Gainesville High School has had an active Mu Alpha Theta team for a number of years now, We have placed top 10 in the state multiple years, and we have also traveled to Las Vegas where we placed 13th in the nation! We would love to have you as a part of our team.
Presidents: Yoo-Minn Koh, Charlotte Shea, Katie Law
Vice Presidents: Sasha Folker, Mathilde Wuthrich
Treasurer/fundraising: Lacey Kellogg
Recorder: Savannah Satterfield
Social Media Manager: Ava GleasonCoaches:
Sasha Folker, Kareem Meinel, Katie Law, Lacey Kellogg, Kai Ledonio, Charlotte Shea, Mathilda Wuthrich, Savannah Satterfield, Yoo-Minn Koh
Registration for MAO is done at the school store which is open before school and some designated club sign up days during lunch. It is $20 and is due by Friday Sept 29, 2017. You can't compete at the competitions without registering.
- Geometry will be meeting in Mrs. Rapp's room after school on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Algebra 2 will be meeting in Mrs. Rapp's room after school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Pre Calc will be meeting in Mrs. Rapp's room after school Tuesdays and Fridays. However, they have been practicing a lot more than this. Keep in contact with Matt Ryan about additional practice days.
- Calculus will be meeting in Mrs. Rapp's room after school on Thursdays.
- Statistics practice sessions are Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays in Mrs Henehan's room.
Practices will be upstairs in C-wing from 3-4pm:Algebra 2 meeting on MondaysGeometry meeting on WednesdaysStatistics meeting on ThursdaysPre-Calc meeting on Fridays