Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
The Professional Academies Magnet (PAM) is a magnet high school in Alachua County which offers academic coursework focused around career clusters. Students attending PAM select a program of study in a career cluster that interests them and plan their four-year high school program around that area of interest.
The Professional Academies Magnet prepares students for college and careers. The academies enable students to complete college entrance academic requirements while exposing them to a vertical segment of the occupations within a career field, encouraging them to aim as high as they wish.
Upon graduation, all students will have completed a rigorous and relevant program of study specifically designed to meet their own individual needs and aspirations.
The Goals of the Professional Academies Magnet:
- Increase student academic achievement and graduation rates through integrated academic and career curricula
- Focus on career preparation through rigorous academics and industry certification
- Raise student aspirations and commitment to academic achievement and work ethics
- Support the revised graduation requirements by providing creative, applied majors
- Promote acceleration mechanisms such as dual enrollment and articulated credits