Office of Student Assignment and Zoning

  • Zoning Exception Application

     Accepting school year 2020-21 applications only at this time


    CLICK HERE to access the online zoning exception application.

    Comments (-1)

Request for Assignment Exception

  • There is a new online application for Zoning Exception requests!

    Applications for the 2020-2021 school year are now being accepted via the new online application.  You can access the application using the link below.  Once you open the application website, you will need to create an account.  Please keep your account credentials and/or use something you will remember as you will need to log back into the account to check your status and/or accept or decline any offered school.  Once you create the account, you will be able to log-in and complete your child's application.  

    Please note:  If you have more than one child, you only need to create one parent account and apply for each student under that one account.  Also, if you already applied for School Choice/Controlled Open Enrollment, you do not need to create another account - you can do the zoning exception application using the same username and password.

    Click HERE to apply

    Rest assured that once you have submitted your application and received an email confirmation, our department has received your request.  There is no need to call or email for confirmation of receipt.

School Choice/Controlled Open Enrollment

  • School Choice is no longer open for the 2020-2021 school year.  Online applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be opening late in the spring of 2021.

    For more information about school choice/controlled open enrollment, review the Links section on this website.


  • There is a separate webpage that has all of the information regarding Elementary Rezoning.


    CLICK HERE to go to that website.

    Comments (-1)

Welcome to our schools!

  • Enrolling in School 


    Click the link above for more information about enrollment and the link to the online enrollment application.

    The Office of Student Assignment assigns school to property parcels based on geographic location within the county.  Each parcel is assigned to an elementary, middle and high school.  These are referred to as zoned schools.  Students residing on a given property must attend the school to which the property is assigned.

    Parents may apply to have their students attend schools other than their zoned schools.  This is managed through the school choice/controlled open enrollment process, offered each spring for the following school year. Any school choice applications received after the deadline are placed at the bottom of the waiting list and processed only as time permits. 

    Parents who miss the school choice window or experience unforeseen circumstances may apply for a zoning exception based on specific hardship criteria.  The online application for applying for a Zoning Exception can be found here.  Requests not based on hardship reasons are to be treated as a request for school choice/controlled open enrollment.  Zoning exceptions are granted for a single school year and must be renewed annually.  Exceptions can be revoked at any time for student disciplinary problems, excessive absences or tardiness.



    New residents or families with questions about what school your child is zoned to attend - please contact the District's Office of Student Assignment/Zoning Office at or (352) 955-7700 to verify school attendance zone information.

Contact Us

  • Department email address:  zoning (

    Department phone: (352) 955-7700

    Fax:  (352) 955-7990 

    Comments (-1)
  • Kim Neal
    Director FTE / State Reporting and Office of Student Assignment
    e-mail:  nealkm

    Comments (-1)
  • Martha Dean
    Manager, Office of Student Assignment
    e-mail:  deanme

    Comments (-1)
  • Dawn Boyer
    Specialist II, Student Assignment
    e-mail:  boyerd

    Comments (-1)