District Office Help Desk
Welcome to the Alachua County Public Schools District Office Help Desk!
The mission of the District Office Help Desk is to provide superior technical support by building a foundation that allows for the continuous improvement of service from the initial problem until the final resolution. We encourage you to use our site to find valuable information to assist you. The District Office Help Desk administers technical assistance to active employees of the Alachua County School Board. Any student related queries are to be referred to either the School's Site Tech.
The District Office Help Desk's hours of operation are from 7am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and from 7am to 4:30pm on Friday. We are CLOSED weekends and Holidays.
If you have any questions for the District Office Help Desk, please feel free to email. Any other call inquires (not technical related) will be referred to the main switchboard number at 955-7300.
We hope that you find the District Office Help Desk experience satisfying.
District Office Help Desk Team
Please Note: Internal transfers of teachers and staff are completed through SkyWard ERP. The Computer Access form is for School Board Affiliates, non ACPS employees. Internal transfers are no longer required to fill out a transfer form. Also, please be advised that the District Office Help Desk currently serves only the needs of the employees of the School Board. All student related issues will need to contact their school's Data Base clerk first to obtain assistance, if they are unavailable then please contact Kim Neal (352) 955-7712.
Still need help? Tech Support Call Center (352) 955-7051
Please have the following information ready:
1. Student ID number
2. Student username (from Skyward Family Access)
1. Employee ID number
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
For a visual representation click here.
Let’s open Excel in application Safe Mode and check how it works. To do that, press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
In the Run open box type in ‘Excel /safe’ and hit ok.
Note: There is a space between excel and /.
If application safe mode works, try disabling the add-ins associated with Office applications and check.
To do that, do the following:
01. Open Word or Excel Click on File and then click on options.
02. In the Options Window click on Add-ins.
03. Select Com Add-ins in the Manage list in the Add-ins section and click Go. Now uncheck the all the add-ins and click Ok.
If the issue still persist, you may refer to the suggestions from the below Microsoft article to repair Office 2016 and check if it helps resolve the issue:
The Help Desk does not support personal cell phones, or any personal electronic device that is not issued by the School Board of Alachua County.
- No access: Go see your School/Site Executive Assistant
- Buttons are missing: Go see your School/Site Executive Assistant
- Username/Password Invalid: You need to change/update your AD password
Problem: When people schedule appointments to them, the attendee is not receiving a notification email, but the appointment is showing up on their calendar.
Solution: Open Google Calendar and on the left side where it says "My calendars" hover your mouse over your name and you'll see three dots stacked vertically. Click on the dots and click "Settings and Sharing." (See first attachment.)Then scroll down to "General Notifications" to see the notification options (See 2nd attachment.) I'm betting you currently have New Events set to "None". You'll want to change that to "Email" and possibly do the same for the other options below it._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Select the Settings icon from your home screen.
- Scroll down and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select the account you want to update. ...
- Tap the Account ... > again to get into the account settings.
- Tap the Password field, clear it and then enter your new password.
- Tap Done to finish.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Under Common Settings, tap Settings.
- Under Account Settings, tap your username.
- Tap Password to update your password to match the email server.
- Enter your new campus password and then tap OK. You're done!
Phishing is usually done through email, ads, or by sites that look similar to sites you already use. For example, someone who is phishing might send you an email that looks like it's from your bank so that you'll give them information about your bank account.
Phishing emails or sites might ask for:
♦ Usernames and passwords, including password changes
♦ Social Security numbers
♦ Bank account numbers
♦ PINs (Personal Identification Numbers)
♦ Credit card numbers
♦ Your mother’s maiden name
♦ Your birthday
Report a phishing email
01. On a computer, go to Gmail.
02. Open the message.
03. Next to Reply, click More.
Note: If you're using classic Gmail, click the Down arrow.
04. Click Report phishing.
ACPS District Office Help Desk
Tech Support Call Center
Phone: (352) 955-7051
7:00a to 5:00p / M-TH
7:00a to 4:30p / F
Note: Email addresses are followed by @gm.sbac.edu