Hello! Thank you for your interest in volunteering and/or partnering with Alachua County Public Schools. We are in the process of updating this page so if you cannot find the information you need, please call our office at (352) 955-7250 ext. 6411 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Connecting Community and Classrooms
Welcome to the ACPS Volunteer & Business Partnerships Department! We focus on connecting our community with our classrooms through various volunteer opportunities and fostering relationships between local businesses, community organizations, and our schools. Our goal is to involve parents, teachers, and the community in cooperative ventures to expand and enhance learning experiences and meet the needs of our district, students, and schools.
We have five primary objectives:
- To help students successfully graduate
- To provide educational opportunities
- To help teachers, staff, and students to be successful
- To increase community involvement in education
- To provide or assist in securing additional resources needed to meet the goals of our district, our students, and our schools
If you're interested in volunteering or partnering with ACPS, scroll down to learn more!
Information for Volunteers
The Alachua County School Volunteer program is coordinated at the district level and it is school-based. Each principal appoints a school-level volunteer coordinator for the academic year. The district office provides the structure and materials needed for the school-based program. They also provide training in volunteer recruitment, record keeping, orientation and training of staff and volunteers, recognition, public relations, and program evaluation. The district also provides recognition for volunteers.
- If you don't know where you want to volunteer or what type of volunteering you are interested in, fill out our Volunteer Interest Form.
- If you are a college student (and DO NOT currently have a pre-arranged placement), please contact our office at email@example.com or call (352) 955-7250 ext. 6411. DO NOT fill out the Volunteer Application until you have a placement!
- If you are a parent wanting to volunteer at your student's school, please complete the district Volunteer Application. If you would like more information regarding volunteer opportunities at your student's school, please call the school and ask for the Volunteer Coordinator.
When completing the volunteer application:
- Please ensure that your application is filled out and the information you enter matches your current government-issued identification card including your full legal name.
- Please answer all legal questions completely and HONESTLY. All applications are subject to a background screening. Dishonesty on this application could result in denial of volunteer status.
- For purposes of School Board policy, convicted means that there has been a determination of guilt as a result of a trial or the entry of a plea of nolo contendere, regardless of whether adjudication is withheld, entered into a deferred prosecution or pre-trial diversion agreement, have charges now pending against you, or have sealed or expunged records.
- Please provide a valid email address so you can be notified about the status of your application and future volunteer communications.
You are required to complete a new application each year, as all applications expire on June 30th of each school year.
When volunteering or visiting an Alachua County School or facility, you must provide a photo ID. A national check of the sexual predator registries is completed each time a volunteer or visitor checks into our facilities. Other criminal history websites are checked as warranted.
Any information provided by you to Alachua County Public Schools, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, and suggestions are non-confidential. Moreover, such information is a public record subject to public inspection pursuant to law (F.S. § 119).
Contact the Volunteer and Business Partnership Program to see how you can become involved at 352-955-7250 ext. 6411
Tips for Completing the Volunteer Application
- Enter your full name and address as it appears on your driver's license or other government-issued card.
- Please choose only the school(s) where you would like to volunteer. If you want to volunteer at your children's school(s), please check each individual school and list your students' names and grades in the appropriate box. You may only fill out one application.
- Please use Explorer, Google, or Firefox for the best results when completing your application.
- Make sure you scroll down to the end of each section of the application to provide all of the requested information.
- Don't forget to click "Finish" to submit your application.
- If you do not receive an approval email within 72 hours, check your SPAM mail.
- For assistance with your volunteer application, please visit the campus where you wish to volunteer, or contact the School Volunteer Office at 352-955-7250 ext. 6411.
Please review the Volunteer Handbook before beginning your first shift.
District Volunteer & Partnership Team
Sharing the Responsibility, Sharing the Results!
Click below to complete the Volunteer Application:
Volunteer and Business Partnership Program Coordinator
Phone (352) 955-7250 x6411
Fax (844) 828-3505
Business Partnership Specialist
Phone (352) 955-7250 x6412
Fax (844) 828-3505
Phone (352) 955-7250 x6413
Fax (844) 828-3505