Classes of 2015 and Beyond:
All students MUST earn 24 credits (4 English; 4 Math including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra 2, and one more; 3 Science including Biology, Chemistry or Physics, and one higher level science; 3 history including World History, U.S. History, Government, and Economics; 1 HOPE credit; 1 Performing Art credit; and 8 elective credits) Must complete a course on a virtual school.
For students entering 9th grade in 2013-14 (Class of 2017) and BEYOND:
- Grade 10--Florida Standards Assessment in English Language Arts (ELA)
- Pass Algebra 1 and earn a Level 3 score on the EOC (It also counts 30% of final grade)
- Pass Geometry and the EOC counts 30% of final grade
- Pass Biology and the EOC counts 30% of final grade
- Take the U.S. History EOC and have it count 30% of the final grade
- Take the Algebra 2 EOC and have it count 30% of the grade if the course is taken
- One course completed via a virtual class
*According to the Florida Department of Education, end-of-course (EOC) assessments will be very different from the FCAT. Students will participate in these assessments on the computer at the conclusion of the specific high school courses. EOC requirements may be waived for some exceptional student education (ESE) students.
*If you go for the Scholar Designation---You must earn a Level 3 or higher on all EOC tests (except Geometry), Pass the FSA Assessment in both 10th and 11th grades, and take at least one AP, IB, or Dual Enrollment Class. Sequence of courses include one higher science than Physics or Chemistry.