Welcome to The Parent Academy
The Parent Academy is here for you!
Our goal is to support families by providing information and resources. We believe partnership between the school, family, and our local community is the way to help every child succeed.
How we connect:
- Live Webinars - Educators and community experts share information. Q & A at the end of each presentation.
- Pre-Recorded Videos - Informational videos shared by district staff or community leaders
- In-Person Meetings - Scheduled Parent Academy meetings at schools or other community venues across the district
- Mobile Learning Lab - Two buses equipped with computer labs will travel to neighborhoods and provide training for parents
- Surveys - Online links will be given so you can share thoughts and ideas
FOCUS GOALS #1: Exceptional Student Education Providing strategies and information to support students with disabilities. #2: Communication & School Success Strategies Strengthening communication among parents and schools; Building positive connections & sharing tips on how to support the best teaching practices in the home environment. #3: College & Career Ready Promoting a college and career mindset to support future economic stability. #4: Mental Health Providing support for mental wellbeing; sharing information about signs, symptoms, and support.