Computer Help Desk
Welcome to the Alachua County Public Schools Computer Help Desk!
The mission of the Computer Help Desk is to provide superior technical support by building a foundation that allows for the continuous improvement of service from the initial problem until the final resolution. We encourage you to use our site to find valuable information to assist you. The Computer Help Desk administers technical assistance to active employees of the Alachua County School Board. Any student related queries are to be referred to either the School's Site Tech.
The Computer Help Desk's hours of operation are from 7am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and from 7am to 4:30pm on Friday. We are CLOSED weekends and Holidays.
If you have any questions for the Computer Help Desk, please feel free to email, or call, at 955-7500. Any other call inquires (not technical related) will be referred to the main switchboard number at 955-7300.
We hope that you find the Computer Help Desk experience satisfying.
Computer Help Desk Team
The Help Desk does not support personal cell phones, or any personal electronic device that is not issued by the School Board of Alachua County.
- No access: Go see your School/Site Executive Assistant
- Buttons are missing: Go see your School/Site Executive Assistant
- Username/Password Invalid: You need to change/update your AD password
Problem: When people schedule appointments to them, the attendee is not receiving a notification email, but the appointment is showing up on their calendar.
Solution: Open Google Calendar and on the left side where it says "My calendars" hover your mouse over your name and you'll see three dots stacked vertically. Click on the dots and click "Settings and Sharing." (See first attachment.)Then scroll down to "General Notifications" to see the notification options (See 2nd attachment.) I'm betting you currently have New Events set to "None". You'll want to change that to "Email" and possibly do the same for the other options below it._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Select the Settings icon from your home screen.
- Scroll down and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select the account you want to update. ...
- Tap the Account ... > again to get into the account settings.
- Tap the Password field, clear it and then enter your new password.
- Tap Done to finish.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Under Common Settings, tap Settings.
- Under Account Settings, tap your username.
- Tap Password to update your password to match the email server.
- Enter your new campus password and then tap OK. You're done!
Phishing is usually done through email, ads, or by sites that look similar to sites you already use. For example, someone who is phishing might send you an email that looks like it's from your bank so that you'll give them information about your bank account.
Phishing emails or sites might ask for:
♦ Usernames and passwords, including password changes
♦ Social Security numbers
♦ Bank account numbers
♦ PINs (Personal Identification Numbers)
♦ Credit card numbers
♦ Your mother’s maiden name
♦ Your birthday
Report a phishing email
01. On a computer, go to Gmail.
02. Open the message.
03. Next to Reply, click More.
Note: If you're using classic Gmail, click the Down arrow.
04. Click Report phishing.