Are Hospital/Homebound services available for students who are emotionally ill?

Posted by:

Yes! Students who are emotionally ill must follow the same application procedure as those who are physically ill. In this case, the medical certificate should be completed by a psychiatrist or mental health practitioner. As with physically ill students, this program is meant to be both part time and temporary with the goal of returning students to school. At the time of the IEP meeting, there should be a plan made to return the student to a school setting as they are able.