Transcripts 101

  • At the most basic level, a high school transcript is a record of your academic accomplishments for all high school level courses. It will list each class you took along with the grade that you received.

    Your high school transcript also includes information such as standardized test scores, final examination grades, testing certifications, and even any honors you may have received.

    It doesn’t matter who you are or even whether you plan on going to college – you have a high school transcript. This document is updated as you complete each course.

    There are several reasons as to why a high school transcript is so important. You’ll need it if you want to:

    • Apply to college
    • Graduate high school
    • Transfer to a new high school
    • Apply for jobs

    Many people recognize that a high school transcript is necessary to apply for college, but most don’t realize that it’s also necessary to apply for some jobs or transfer to a new school.

Unofficial Transcripts

  • Unofficial transcripts are for informational purposes only, and should never be sent to outside entities in place of an official transcript.

    Employers and other colleges and universities will not accept an unofficial transcript to transcribe transfer credit or verify degrees completed.

    If you need an unofficial copy of your transcript, speak with someone in the NHS Guidance Office for assistance or call (352) 472-1101.

Official Transcripts

  • Most universities won’t accept an unofficial transcript. There are numerous reasons for this, including that an unofficial transcript may be incomplete. It’s also possible to forge an unofficial transcript. So at some point during the application and admission process, you’ll need to supply an official document. Official transcripts are marked by distinctive seals and signatures, and then sealed in a marked envelope. If you do open the envelope, you will invalid the transcript, and it will no longer be an official record. 

    If you need an official transcript, please see Mrs. Honeycutt or Ms. Eberly in the NHS Guidance Office or call (352) 472-1101.

NHS Graduates

  • Please note that if you graduated from Newberry High School in 2009 or earlier, you must contact the Alachua County District Records Office in order to obtain your transcript and any other documentation at:

    (352) 955-7740                                                                             

    Student Records Office
    620 E. University Avenue  
    Gainesville, FL 32601