Santa Fe College Dual Enrollment
High School Dual Enrollment is available for Juniors (11th grade) and Seniors (12th grade). Each year, students interested in applying for Dual Enrollment program at Santa Fe College can do so by visiting their website (Santa Fe College High School Dual Enrollment / Get Started) and filling out the application. You must have received passing scores on the FSA ELA / BEST ELA test and Algebra 1 EOC (or earned concordant scores), and have a strong Grade Point Average (GPA) in order to be considered. Students who typically participate in the High School Dual Enrollment program take all of their classes on the Santa Fe College campus.
Parents and Student must have a meeting with the Newberry High School Guidance Counselor before the schedule will be adjusted for Dual Enrollment at Santa Fe College.
Is Dual Enrollment right for you?
Students can enroll in tuition-free college courses at Santa Fe College based on their ACT, SAT or PERT scores. (Students enrolled at the Northwest Campus can take high school classes, too.) All courses are taught by college professors and align with Bright Futures scholarship requirements. Students can choose to track towards a certificate or Associate in Science (A.S.), a bachelor’s degree in Career and Technical Education programs or an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree with traditional academic classes. If you are planning to attend a university, SF sends more students to the University of Florida than any other college and has guaranteed transfer agreements with several state universities, including FAMU, UNF, USF, UWF, and New College.
- Students who finish an A.A. degree during Dual Enrollment will have saved $6,000 to $7,000 in college tuition and fees.
- Textbooks are loaned out for free, saving students and their families hundreds of dollars each semester.
- All Santa Fe College students enjoy free parking and can ride any RTS bus for free with their student ID.
- All Santa Fe College students have access to classes and equipment at the Fitness Center on the NW Campus.
- All Santa Fe College students get free admission to the Santa Fe College Teaching Zoo, Kika Silva Pla Planetarium, Saints athletics events, and fine arts performances.
Visit Santa Fe College High School Dual Enrollment for more information.