Why are scholarships important?
Scholarships provide an opportunity for many people to earn an education because scholarships are free money. Without assistance from an outside source, students may have trouble paying for the degree they need in order to enter the workforce. Most Scholarships cannot be applied for before the Senior Year.
If a website or organization asks you to pay for information, please do not give them the information or payment. These are usually fraudulent organizations.
CHECK BACK OFTEN!
Florida Retired Educators Foundation Scholarship (Deadline 1.20.24)
FHSAA Spirit of Sports Scholarships (Deadline 1.17.24)
FHSAA Heart of the Arts Scholarship (Deadline 1.17.24)
National FFA Scholarships (Deadline 1.11.24)
The Florida Eastern Star Grant Program (Deadline 1.1.24)
Judge Stephen Mickle Essay Writing Contest (Deadline 12.21.23)
BigFutures Scholarships Week (12.4.23 - 12.8.23)
MLK Commission Dream Scholarship Award (Deadline 11.1.23)
Scholarship Search Engines
There are many options to search for scholarship opportunities. The following websites are the most popular free scholarship search platforms that connect students to scholarships and financial aid tools:
*As a student with Alachua County Public Schools, you have a profile with Going Merry. We recommend using this site as your primary source for scholarship research.
BigFuture by College Board
BigFuture by College Board rewards you for doing what you already are doing: planning for life after high school. With no essay, minimum GPA, test score, or citizenship requirements, BigFuture makes it easy to enter drawings each month. Simply complete unlocked steps on your dashboard, and you'll be automatically entered to win. One step completed = one entry each month...the earlier and sooner you complete tasks, the bigger your chances to win. Students whose families earn less than $60,000 a year receive two entries each drawing. Don't wait, get started today!
Earn entries in monthly drawings for $500 and $40,000 scholarships by completing steps to plan for life after high school. Every month, BigFuture will award hundreds of $500 scholarships and two $40,000 scholarships until February of your senior year. The scholarships awarded by BigFuture can be used at two and four year institutions.
Click the link to qualify today: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college/bigfuture-scholarships.
Santa Fe College Achieve
What Is Santa Fe College Achieve?
Who can become an Santa Fe Achieve Scholar?
Guaranteed Transfer Program
Career and Technical Education
Are you ready to join Santa Fe College Achieve?
The Education Foundation of Alachua County Senior Scholarship Program
The Education Foundation of Alachua County has opened the application for its Senior Scholarship program for spring 2024. High school seniors in the Alachua County Public Schools system can apply here beginning January 5, 2024 until February 19, 2024.
Scholarships range from $1,000 to $5,000 for Alachua County Public Schools seniors who meet the scholarships’ criteria. Last year, The Education Foundation awarded $221,000 to 60 students through a Senior Scholarship. Forty-two local families, businesses and civic organizations have partnered with The Education Foundation to make these scholarship opportunities possible.
Students must complete one application to be considered for the more than 60 available scholarships. You can see a complete list of available scholarships here. Additional information regarding documents seniors will need to submit with the application include letter(s) of recommendation, a full high school transcript, and a personal resume detailing academic and extracurricular activities. Once the student has submitted the general application, students should return to the dashboard tab and confirm completion of any follow-up work. Some Senior Scholarships have additional requirements to complete in order to be eligible for that specific scholarship.
- The scholarship application opens on the website – January 5, 2024
- Application closes – February 19, 2024
- Preliminary grading of applications – February 21 – March 9, 2024
- Sponsors review and select recipients – March through April 2024
- Students notified of winning via email at end of April or early May, 2024
- The application for spring 2024 will open on Thursday, January 5, 2024, and close on February 19, 2024.
- To Apply Visit: https://edfoundationac.awardspring.com
- As part of the online application process, students will be required to:
- Answer a general questionnaire detailing general academic and financial information.
- Upload a personal resume detailing academic and extracurricular activities.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, coach, employer, or community leader.
- Answer the following short essay questions:
- Describe your plans for college education and your future career goals.
- Describe a special attribute, accomplishment, or experience that you believe sets you apart.
Please contact the Director of Programs, Tatila Brock-Paul, with any questions by phone at (352) 955-7250 Ext. 6416 or email to brocktt (@gm.sbac.edu).