Office Pro Plus for Students
Alachua County Public Schools (ACPS) is excited to announce the Microsoft Student Advantage program. Because of ACPS’s enterprise agreement with Microsoft, students are able to download and install Microsoft Office ProPlus desktop applications on their home computers for FREE!
Note to Parents and Students
This entitlement provides students access to the commercially available Microsoft software products. The software is the same Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more similar to a purchase from your local retail store. As such, the district’s content filters and Internet security services are not associated with your home computers or personal devices.
Please note that Alachua County Public Schools is providing the latest version of Microsoft Office to align with the certification training available to our students. At this time the latest versions for the certification is Office 2013 for Windows computers. When you are at home what you install on your Windows computer will not have the calendar year, and will automatically update to the latest version. If you are using a Mac at home the current version is Office for Mac 2011.
Who is eligible?
Any student whose primary affiliation is "student". Full-time staff members who are taking classes are not eligible at this time.
What happens when a student graduates or withdraws from ACPS?
Once a student has left the district, their Microsoft Office ProPlus subscription will end. Students may enroll in other available consumer or commercial offers. Many colleges have the same availability for students to get Microsoft Office while a student at the college.
What software can the student download?
Eligible students are able to download Microsoft Office ProPlus applications on up to 5 PC’s or Macs, and up to 5 tablets including iPads. These applications include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lync, OneNote*, Access*, and Publisher*.
*Publisher and Access available on PC’s only, OneNote is available for download for other platforms.
Download and Installation Instructions
Microsoft Student Advantage allows a student to download and install Microsoft Office 2013 on up to 5 computers at their home. Below are the instructions to complete this download and installation.
- Verify that your home computer has an active internet connection and Windows 7 (or higher) or Apple OS 10.5.8 (or higher).
- Click the O365 for Students logo at the top of this page to go to the "Office in education" product page. This will open in a new tab in your web browser.
- Where it says to "Sign in with your organization account" enter your full student Gmail address in the format (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Choose the next step that pertains to your Active Directory account:
- If you have recently changed your AD password (since August 30, 2015) and it meets thecomplexity requirements, enter your AD password in the password field and click the Sign In button.
- If you have changed your AD password before August 30, 2015, enter the district default *password and click the "Sign In" button. (Ask your school site tech for the default password) You will be redirected to a new window to update your password. Enter that same default password in the first field and your current Active Directory password in the 2nd and 3rd fields and click Submit. If your password does not meet thecomplexity requirementsyou will have to upgrade your AD password to meet those requirements. See step 9. Do not share your password with anyone.
- You are now logged into Office 365, which provides access to download and install Microsoft Office software. Depending on your login you may see an option to:
- "Install Office on more devices" where you can then click options to install Office on a PC or Mac or on a smartphone or an iPad. If you see this option select the one appropriate to the device you want to install Office on. Or…
- "Install the latest version of Office" with a link below if you would like to "Review System Requirements". When you are ready, click the "Install" button and the installation will automatically take place. Follow the on-screen instructions and you will have the Microsoft Office software installed.
- After the installation takes place, you should be able to start Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications from wherever you would normally start your applications.
- The first time that you launch one of the Office applications you will be asked to "sign in" again using the username and password you used previously.
- If you want to deactivate the software from a PC that is no longer working or in use, you can click the “Deactivate” button from the website where you completed the install. For Mac, iPad, iPhone and Android phones follow the instructions on that device to uninstall an application.
- Microsoft requires complex passwords. If your current Active Directory password does not meet the complexity requirements, enroll in the AD Password Reset Management Program and change it.If you ever forget your password, you can retrieve it in 2simple steps. Enroll now!!!
Alachua County Public Schools assumes no liability concerning teacher or staff home computing devices if they choose to download and install these applications. Users who encounter technical difficulties must seek technical support on their own or contact Microsoft directly. (more fine print)
For questions about the download and installation process, please call
352.955.6850 between 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Monday to Friday.